Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TRANSFORM!!

I thought about writting this on friday but hey, why wait? Starting this week, I am undergoing a transformation. Not a spiritual enlightment or anything but literally a transformation. I want to reshape, remold, and upgrade my body. So, with that said, as you've probably have guessed, I'm working out and training in the gym. Why? My purpose behind this, for starters, is to get back that "old feeling" that I miss so much. That old feeling is the feeling of being in shape. When I was a kid, I played sports year round. I played baseball in the summer, soccer in the fall and spring, and basketball in the winter. And my fondest memory is when I was in the best shape of my life when I was playing soccer as a kid. Back then, I loved to run. I could run 12 laps at the beginning of practice, get in trouble in the middle of practice and run an extra three laps and still not be totally beat and full of energy. Not to mention, my speed was amazing back then. My best friend from my early childhood, was the fastest kid in the neighborhood, well my neighborhood. And when I was at my best, I couldn't beat him, but I could tie or lag by like one to two seconds. And it made me feel great. Since my discouragement of early retirement from sports at 9th grade in high school, I haven't so much as attempted to run, let alone play a sport seriously. So, my purpose is to try to get that old feeling back. So I have three goals, in order of most serious to less serious, the first is this. I want to get back in shape and be able to run. I want to be able to take off without getting out of breath like two blocks down the road. The second is to strengthen my legs. My legs have always been the weakest thing about me and I feel like it's held me back for so long that it's time to change that. The last thing, which isn't really a total locked on target but more so a hit or miss, is my weight. Before I started, my weight was 209lbs and I get the feeling I don't look like I weigh that much. But that's how much I weigh and if possible, I want to get back down to at least 190lbs. The workout I do, is going to be intense and I'm making sure I'm constantly pushing myself, because honestly it's been about a decade since I've worked out or trained my body this seriously. So it's practically starting all over again, as if I've never been in shape at any time in my life. So, I want to push myself. Now I don't mean going to the extreme to something I can't do like running 1,000 miles or doing 500 crunches. I just mean exactly as I said, pushing myself, not taking it too light because I've been taking it too light for far too long. So, my workout plan, right now, is I jog for a mile (which is equal to 8 laps in the fitness center), after stretching of course, and then I bike for ten minutes so I cool down properly and don't tighten up. Then I do a set of 10 adominal crunches on the weight machine and then I do a set of 25 arm lifts on the weight machine. Then I repeat the bike, adominal crunches and arm lifts to do three sets total and stretch again to finish up. I just finished doing this today and I feel INVINCIBLE! It feels so good to work out like this, pushing my body to reshape, remold it, and just upgrade my muscles and body overall. It feels so good. I love doing this and I pray that I end up continuing all through the semester and until I graduate. Right now my schedual is every Monday, Wednesday and Friday after lunch. But I will continue to report my progress because I don't plan on doing this always. Once I get used to this regiment, it will change and I'll make it tougher. And it will only get harder and harder! So, if you don't see me much, (or at all), don't be surprised if the next time you see me, I got bazookas for arms!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Wilt! I am so proud of you. You will not regret this decision...

    ReplyDelete

Followers