Saturday, December 27, 2008

Love = Happiness

I was taught from my pastor that a life for the single is a life more blessed than those who are married. Why? Because I get to devote all my time to God, getting to know Him, loving Him, praising Him, etc. But to those who are married, have to put their family first, for it is ministry to be married. What does that mean? It means that it is calling to be married, not everyone qualifies. Why doesn't everyone qualify? Everyone doesn't qualify because if you have no strong "drive" from your flesh then you don't need to be married. Not to mention the most important factor, if you are happy and well off with a goldfish and a dog, then you don't need to be married. Marriage is a ministry. However, I do not say this to point out my situation. This past Christmas at the dinner table, my mother asks me, who has been worried as of late with the friends I hang out with, what I look for in a woman. And as much of an overly undervalued question that seemed to me, it was nonetheless a good question. Quite honestly, I felt that the question served no purpose because it was more rhetorical than an honest good answer. But to a mother who dipped some knowledge into my life with my permission and has realized that one of my friends, who shall remain nameless, almost committed suicide, and another of my friends, who shall also remain nameless, had her wallet stolen, could bring some light as to what kind of friends I attract or am attracted to. However, as beautiful as both of those two friends are, nevertheless, I wouldn't see it working out with them two or hardly any other of my friends besides one which is a totally different story. But getting back to the point, I laughed as my first reaction, not out of embaressment but quite honestly it was humourous to think what my mom was expecting me to answer. As if I was going to say, I want someone who's loud and just gives bloody murder screams whenever she wants to. Or I want a woman who is on the borders of insanity. But nonetheless, I answered with a general answer so it was enough to keep her less worried on my possible future pick for my wife. But if I haven't already met the girl I will date, I would simply hope for these list of things to be in her.
1. Beautiful to my eyes.
2. preferably black
3. considerate
4. kind
5. loves to laugh (have fun)
6. That we share similar interests
7. Loves the Lord as much as I or more
8. strong
9. Independant
And...
10. Has a nice family
And of course a list of much more that isn't there but that's pretty much the starting line. If you don't start there, you don't qualify. But I do believe that one day I will be married because I've always felt it in my spirit. That there was a woman out there for me and like the scripture said, A man that findeth a good wife, findeth a good thing. So as time stands still in my heart, my soul races to find her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers